If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, especially the “Good Reads” blogposts, then you know that I often post articles written by Charlie Weingroff. Here’s what I love about Charlie:
- He’s a DPT (physical therapist), AT (athletic trainer), and CSCS (strength coach), so he’s very well-rounded
- He’s the former head strength coach for the Philadelphia 76′ers, which adds to his credibility considerably
- He’s a powerlifter who reached elite status with an 800 lb squat, 510 lb bench, and 605 lb deadlift, so he walks the walk
- He travels around visiting other coaches, trainers, therapists, chiropractors, and researchers. He wants to know what they know
- He’s stated on several occasions that he aspires to be the best damn therapist in the world
- He is not afraid to speak his mind, which I appreciate because it takes juevos to put yourself out there and go against the grain
I had the pleasure of meeting with Charlie last year, and we talked shop for a couple of hours. I’ve also interacted with Charlie on the StrengthCoach.com forums and have enjoyed hearing his views on all types of training-related topics. Charlie gets me to think about things I’d never consider on my own, and he forces me to get out of my comfort zone which is very rare.
Charlie has been in the game for over a decade and now has decided to create a product that portrays his brilliance. It’s a twelve-hour, 6 disc set entitled Training = Rehab, Rehab = Training that bridges the gap between physical therapy and strength training. Put simply, strength coaches and trainers could stand to learn more about physical therapy and physical therapists could stand to learn a little more about strength. If you want to learn more about Charlie’s views on the Functional Movement Screen, the joint-by-joint approach, the workings of the inner core, and what he has coined, “The Core Pendulum Theory,” then purchase this DVD set immediately and save $50 off the full price.
Right now he’s charging $147 for the entire package which includes 6 DVD’s lasting 12 hours, as well as bonus PDF’s by Dr. Perry Nickelson (trigger points), Mike Robertson (Self-Myofascial Release), and yours truly (best glute exercises).
Click on this link to save $50 – you have four days til it goes up to $197.